Setting up your Watson Studio project for Visual Recognition
To use the Visual Recognition model builder in IBM Watson Studio, you must associate an IBM Watson Visual Recognition service instance with a project.
How to set up a project to use the Visual Recognition model builder depends on your situation:
- Do you want to create a new project or reuse an existing project?
- Do you want to create a new Visual Recognition service instance or reuse one you already have?
Follow the instructions that match your situation.
Restriction: A Visual Recognition service instance may be associated with only one project at a time.
- From the Projects page in Watson Studio, add a new project.
- When prompted, select the Visual Recognition project type.
- If you have no instances of the Visual Recognition service, a new instance will be created. If you have existing instances, you have a choice:
- Click the Existing option to associate an existing instance with the project
- Click the New option to create another new instance
- From the Settings page of your project in Watson Studio, click Add service.
- Choose the Watson services group.
- Click the Visual Recognition service.
- Click the New option to create a new instance of the Visual Recognition service, or click the Existing option to select an existing instance.
Watch this video to see how to set up a project for visual recognition and analyze images using the built-in models.